Do you know how to really eat wings? While there’s no wrong way to do it, there are, believe it or not, a few trips for sinking your teeth into a whole wing, drumette (drummy), or mid-section (flapper).
Just for fun, let’s examine a few advanced wing-chewing tips.
How to Eat Wings
These are the five master strategies for biting into and devouring a wing.
1. For the drummy (the part of the wing that looks like a drumstick), bite into the wing and pull off the meat with your bottom teeth in one swift move. This is how you do it if the wings are spicy and you want to eat quickly to win a speed-eating contest.
2. Also on the drummy, you can use the “umbrella method,” which is where you start eating it from the thinner end and slowly work your way to the top. If you do it right, you’ll have an umbrella-looking piece right before you finish.
3. With either wing portion, you can utilize the “corn-on-the-cob” strategy, where you just nibble side-to-side like you would with corn.
4. With the whole wing, put both ends in your mouth, then with both hands, pull the bones back out while using your teeth to scrape off as much meat as you can.
5. Put the entire wing in your mouth, chew off all the meat, and spit out the bones. It’s not pretty, but it works.
Wings at Bogey’s
Ultimately, how you eat a wing doesn’t matter that much, so long as you enjoy it. Did you know that you can get wings at Bogey’s with almost a dozen different signature sauces? Yes, we’re pretty well known for having some of the best wings in Sarasota with flavors such as mild, medium, hot, volcano, chili lime, honey BBQ, Bogey’s Sauce, and more.
You can get 10 wings for $15, with the option of making them all drummies or flappers for $1 extra, and some ranch or bleu cheese for 75 cents a piece. Also, you probably don’t need us to tell you, but wings always go great with a cold beer while you watch the Bucs, Hurricanes, or Lightning play in our chill atmosphere.
Bogey’s Sports Pub should be at the top of your list of favorite restaurants for wings and many delicious entrees. We also do lots of mouth-watering appetizers, burgers, quesadillas, and a whole lot more. Feel free to call us with your questions about wings or anything else on our menu at 941-488-9156.